Saluting our Junior Members
The 100 Women who Care Wilmot organization is unique in that since our inaugural meeting in August of 2016, we have recruited and welcomed 10 Junior members.
- Junior members are usually the daughter/niece/neighbour of an adult member.
- They hold the same privileges as adult members.
- Junior members usually fall into the age brackets of between Grade 5 to Grade 12.
- They are each entitled to vote to choose the charity selected to receive 100 Women donations.
- Junior members are encouraged to nominate charities to be considered for our support. Their nominations follow the same guidelines are adults.
- Where an adult member contributes $100 each meeting, the junior member’s share is $10.00 per meeting.
- Junior members learn the value of supporting their community and how they too can make a difference in the world in which they live.
Waterloo Region Reporter Valerie Hill will be attending our May 2019 to meet our Junior members as she will be writing an article celebrating these valued youth.