Kids can care, too!
Kids Who Care Wilmot is a great opportunity to teach children to give. It shows that anyone can help and contribute, regardless of age. It also highlights that the need for help exists within our own community. Kids Who Care Wilmot can inspire the next generation by providing a way for the younger members of our community to help and contribute to local charities.
Please contact us if you have questions about joining Kids Who Care.
Children up to the age of High School graduation are eligible.
- Attend and commit to 4 meetings per year with a time commitment of 4 hours total.
- Each child donates $10 per meeting to charity.
- 100% of their donation is given to charity.
- Kids Who Care Wilmot members are eligible to nominate a charity the same as adult members .
- If their charity is chosen they will give a 1 minute "pitch." "Mom's" assistance is allowed but the parent cannot give the pitch in place of her daughter.
- Junior members have full voting rights.
- There is an age limit of up to graduation from High School.
They learn the spirit of giving at a young age. They learn the importance of giving back to the community. They learn that you don't have to be wealthy to give. They will meet new friends and strengthen the bonds of existing friendships. They learn a democratic approach to decision making. They learn that giving is FUN!
Our next meeting
Wednesday, February 17, 2017 at 7:00pm
Puddicombe House Banquet Hall, Peel Street, New Hamburg
Please note the start time and venue.